Wednesday, August 20, 2014

One Last Hoorah…

 

Well, school starts next week and it’s kind of bittersweet.  I am excited for the new year and the many opportunities it will bring.  I am thankful that the Lord has given me a sense of peace as the princesses head off to school five days a week and grateful for the time I will have to focus on healing.  With that being said, the hubs and I decided it was the perfect time to spend some much needed time together in one of our favorite San Diego cities…Carlsbad.  We took full advantage of the time we had and enjoyed connecting, having “adult-like” conversations without being interrupted and snuck in a little shopping too!

We started the morning off with a stop to my “other” favorite tea/coffee places (one of the few that offer almond milk as a non-dairy option)…

Carlsbad Date 7

Sometimes I wish there was one closer, but then again I might find myself indulging on way too many iced chai lattes!

Carlsbad Date 8

Today was special, so the hubs treated me to, yes, an iced chai tea latte with almond milk….YUMMO!  And he indulged on one of their new seasonal flavors…iced macadamia coconut latte minus the whipped cream.  He’s typically not a coffee drinker, but he said he could down 2 or 3 more because it was so good!

Carlsbad Date 9

So long Peets

Carlsbad Date 6

And hello Carlsbad Outlet Mall….

Carlsbad Date 3

I really enjoy open air malls so this has become one of my favorite places to walk around and browse through the shops…and perhaps purchase a few finds along the way!  I secretly think that my hubs enjoys it just as much as I do! 

Carlsbad Date 1

It was inevitable that my hubs would be “starving” right about noon, so we headed over to Healthy Creations in Encinitas.  It’s been awhile since we visited this little piece of heaven (largely in part because of all my food aversions), so I was just a bit excited.  Healthy Creations specializes in healthy, organic and allergen friendly food.  I had no fears of cross contamination because their café is a dedicated gluten free facility!!!

Carlsbad Date 4

There are so many delicious sandwiches (hot and cold) and salads that are all made to order.  I have my eye on the “Roasted Mediterranean Grilled Vegetable Panini”  when I can introduce more solid foods to my diet…it is made on their homemade focaccia bread that is gluten, dairy, soy, egg and corn free.

Carlsbad Date 5

Carlsbad Date 2

For today I tried the “goji berry bliss” smoothie which had strawberries, dates, hemp seeds, goji berries and coconut milk.  I would rate it a 7 on a scale of 10 simply because it lacked a little flavor.  It definitely filled me up and I loved the creamy texture from the coconut milk.

Carlsbad Date

The hubs tried the “Roasted Mediterranean Chicken Panini” which had organic free-range chicken, pesto, goat cheese, roasted red peppers, and artichoke hearts.  It was messy, but had a lot of flavor and was very filling.

Pedicure 1

Our last stop of the day was to give our tired feet a break and get a much needed pedicure!  I convinced the hubs that he would enjoy the foot/leg massage and besides, I wanted the company!  More than anything he loved the massage chair…and we had a good time chatting and laughing!

Pedicure

He’s smiling because he just told me he wants a massage chair for Christmas…I laughed and said I would get him a gift certificate instead so he could come back and get his back massage!

Pedicure 2

A perfect ending to a sweet day!

Next month it’s the hubs turn to plan the date and I can’t wait! 

I hope and pray you are finding yourselves making plans and achieving your goals! 

Blessings,

J’lene

No comments:

Post a Comment