Monday, October 21, 2013

Amidst All the Craziness…

The days come and go and seemed to be filled to the brim with daily chores, activities, and school.  I am so very thankful to friends and family who have helped us out with our princesses so I can travel to and from the many doctor’s appointments I’ve had over the past few months.  But amidst all of the coming and going our little family managed to pack up and head out on a little mini vacation.  Knowing that going out to eat would be a challenge for me, I did quite a bit of research and calling of restaurants a few weeks prior to us leaving….not to mention a whole lot of cooking and snack making just in case!  I would be lying if I said I wasn’t the slightest bit worried, but at the same time I was excited to get away with the fam!

First up was San Diego….Go Padres!! 

P1000839P1000840 Enjoying a picnic lunch at Petco Park!

Our first restaurant pick was new to the princesses…PF Chang’s!  They were super excited to use chopsticks and experience Chinese food for the first time…perfect timing since they are learning about Asia in history (I knew I could squeeze some school work in there somehow!).

P1000843

P1000846

P1000847

P1000849 (the infamous meal that made me so ill!)

Unfortunately I had a TERRIBLE reaction to something I ate and was up most of the night.  I wasn’t sure if I would be able to make it to our next destination the following day.  My family was super understanding and let me rest most of the morning.  When I felt comfortable enough to leave, we headed out to catch the ferry to Coronado.

P1000852

P1000853

 At the Coronado landing we rented a Surry Bike for a few hours and pedaled our way up to the Hotel Del to get the hubs and princesses some SUPER EXPENSIVE ice cream at the Mootime Creamery.  It was hot and the hubs was extremely sweaty, so a little scoop of ice cream hit the spot!

P1000856Our navigators!

P1000859

 After a long day of biking, we loaded back in the car and headed up to Irvine.  Still feeling apprehensive about eating, I watched the fam enjoy one of their favorite meals of the trip at Z Tejas Southwestern Grill.  The hubs says another trip will definitely be in order!!  While they devoured their meals, I got to open some fabulous birthday gifts…a new wallet, jewelry, a beautiful scarf, crossfit socks, and that awesome spiralizer!

 

All of us were definitely in need of a good night’s sleep before venturing out to the Irvine Spectrum Mall to do some shopping and movie watching.  I think I may have my work cut out for me when these two little princesses become teens…they both love to shop! 

P1000873

P1000872

P1000867

All tuckered out from shopping we made the last trek of our trip up to Disneyland!  We were blessed to be able to stay not 1, not 2, but 3 days at the Happiest Place on Earth!  Of all the restaurants I had made special arrangements with, Disneyland was by far the best to work with.  On our second evening we went to Rainforest Cafe for dinner and I finally got to enjoy a meal without any worries!  The chef came to our table and talked with me about all my restrictions and together we came up with a meal that worked specifically for me…he made me some delicious veggie fajitas (with only the veggies that I could eat) with sliced avocados and warm corn tortillas.  With all that I had been through thus far on the trip, this was like comfort food to me and I loved every bite!

P1000874

P1000878

P1000879

P1000881

P1000885

P1000886

P1000898

P1000900

P1000876

 Sadly our trip had to come to an end and we are now back to the craziness of life.  Although I hit a few bumps in the road along the way, we definitely made some wonderful family memories and we are looking forward to the next time we get to do it again!

Blessings,

J’lene

No comments:

Post a Comment